Saturday, January 5, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

This is a picture of some Christmas lights in the window of a store on Horatio Street.


I almost bought them since they were half off but they were still $21 a strand and each strand was only 6' plus they only had three left. It may have been enough but I wasn't sure.

Spent much of the day walking around the village after rehearsal this morning. I ran into my old boss from Meredith. I haven't seen her in at least 3 years if not longer. She looked good. To think had I not stopped for cash on Christopher Street I wouldn't have seen her. She told me her niece was killed last Friday in a Drunk Driving accident involving some sports person and apparently it's been in the news alot. Very sad. She was 30 and had a five year old son. Y had seen her on Wednesday. We commented on how precious life is. That's one thing I appreciate from my mom is that she always said "I Love You" when we were parting ways or hanging up on the phone. You just never know.

Anywho, I don't want to be Debbie Downer. Today was a really great day overall. It was fun walking around the city looking for things to take pictures of. Perhaps this camera will get me out of the house more on weekends (I tend to want to stay in once I am in, but once you get me out I am OUT!). I do know it's really changed how I look at and see the world around me. I hope that continues for 2008.

3 comments:

p33p3rs said...

Oooh, pretty lights! They do look like Mardi Gras beads!

That's sad about your old boss's niece.

I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your new camera and it's effects on you. You're a regular shutterbug now! :)

Kevin said...

I hope it continues too! Get out of the apartment! You live in NYC for goodness sake!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!