Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Art around the City Part 2

I went to The Time Warner Center today to get "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" by Eckhart Tolle. It is Oprah's book club choice and she is doing an online class starting March 3rd for 10 consecutive Mondays. I want to participate so I got it early as the first assignment is to read the book before March 3rd. As I was getting the book there was a panel/book signing with Michael Cunningham (author of A Home at the End of The World, The Hours) Eve Ensler (playwright of The Vagina Monologues) and James Lecesne (writer of Trevor, an 18 min short film that inspired The Trevor Project - Suicide Prevention Line for LGBT youth) it was for the release of Absolute Brightness but James Lecesne. I may want to read it next. Anyway right outside of Borders there are some art pieces and this is one of them. I must say I love that on a random night at the bookstore I am treated to a charming panel discussion with some amazing people. How could I ever leave New York City?

No comments: