Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...and it was!



Today was a wonderful day. It was one of the best birthdays I can remember in a LONG time. I woke up to flowers from K which I took to work. I then found a gift card and balloon from V. My team at work then presented me with an Ipod Nano since my Dell DJ is on the way out. Then I grabbed dinner with J in Hoboken on my way to rehearsal. I left early and met P and to see Pillow Talk in Chelsea. It's one of my favorite old movies. I remember watching Rock Hudson movies with my mom and this one was one of our favorites. It was fun to share it with P. Then we went to Burritoville for a LATE dinner and he gave me some wonderful gifts. He gave me a sock that he knit for me. (I think I get the other one next year!) then he gave me an Ipod Touch!! WHAT what? I have been wanting one but didn't really see it in the budget for the near future. He engraved it with a lyric from a song that is very speical to me. But the best gift he gave me was a little handmade book of rememberances from the past six months. Just funny personal things that only he and I would really understand plus Lucy and Ellie wrote me some poems. What smart dogs. Who knew they could write?!?

It was so thoughtful and special to me. The effort that he put into it, and everything for that matter, is what really touched me. So often in my life my birthday has been negative and for P to make it so bright was really amazing.

I sure do love that guy!

1 comment:

p33p3rs said...

That sock looks giant! But, I'm glad you like it babe! I'm halfway done with the next one, so maybe you'll have it by Christmas! :)

I'm glad I helped make your birthday special. You deserve it!